- 100g goat cheese with white surface mould
- Brown sugar
- 1 young chicory
FOR THE TANGERINE JAM
- 1 kg tangerines
- 1 kg sugar
FOR THE RED ONION JAM
- 0.5kg red onions
- 0.5kg sugar
- 0.5 litre red balsamic vinegar
1. Cut the goat cheese into finger-thick pieces. Sprinkle them with brown sugar and heat them up with a caramelizer until a crisp crust forms.
2. Prepare the tangerine jam. Add the unpeeled tangerines into a pot of boiling water and cook for around 20 min, then take them out of the water and leave to cool. Add the cooled tangerines with their skins on into a blender and combine until smooth. You can add a pinch of sugar to taste.
3. Prepare the red onion jam. Dice the onions and cook them over a low heat along with the sugar and balsamic vinegar for 4-5 hours until the mixture reaches the consistency of jam. Allow the jam to set. You can keep the jam in the fridge for a few months.
4. Separate the chicory leaves and rinse them with cold water. Dry them and arrange on a plate. Put the cheese alongside. Garnish with both tangerine and red onion jams.