Curry and cream sauce adds an exotic aroma to these delicious mussels. You can serve them with crisp French fries or toasted baguette slices. This is an easy-to-make dish that will please all your friends.
- 2 kg frozen or fresh mussels
- 500 g cream
- 1 tablespoon Indian curry spices
- 1 onion cut into medium size cubes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 6 medium size potatoes
- Olive oil
- Pinch of crushed black pepper and salt
2. Prepare the sauce. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or saucepan (big enough to fit the mussels into later). Fry the onions until softened then add the chopped garlic and Indian curry spices. Fry everything until you can smell the aroma of the curry. Add the cream and season with salt and pepper.
3. As the cream starts to boil, add the mussels to the skillet or saucepan. Cook for 3 minutes being careful not to overcook the mussels. Discard any mussels that do not open – you can not eat them.
4. Smother the mussels with the remaining sauce and serve with the fried crisp potatoes.