FOR THE MADELEINES
- 60g flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 55g butter
- 50g pistachio paste
- 10g honey
- 10g sugar (either white or brown)
- 1 egg
- 45g white sugar
FOR THE CARAMEL
- 380g sugar
- 20g glucose
- 400g heavy cream (35% fat)
- 290g butter
- 2g vanilla
- 4g large grain salt
1. Grease the special madeleine pan with the butter at room temperature and place it in the refrigerator.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl and combine well with the baking powder.
3. Melt the butter, add the pistachio paste, honey and brown sugar.
4.In a mixer add the egg and 45g of sugar. Mix at an average medium speed at first, then begin to mix faster until the mixture is well whipped. Gently pour the flour and baking powder into this mixture. Combine well, then pour the melted butter mixture in and stir with a spatula.
5. Pour the mixture into the madeleine pan and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170 °C for around 10 minutes. Remove the madeleines from the pan while they are still warm.
7. Prepare the caramel. In a saucepan add the heavy cream, glucose and vanilla. Bring the mixture to a boil. In a frying pan melt the sugar until it begins to caramelize. Pour the hot cream in. Allow the mixture to cool to 40 °C, then combine the butter and salt. Blend the mixture in a blender and allow to cool in a refrigerator.
8. Drizzle the caramel on top of madeleines.