FOR THE CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 200g unsweetened chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 200g dates
- 3 large eggs
- 50ml coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE RASPBERRY SAUCE
- 200 g frozen or fresh raspberries
- 20 g sugar
1. In a blender add all the required cake ingredients and blend well until smooth. Pour the batter into a baking dish (preferably 20×20 cm) and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 25 minutes or until the cake is slightly crisp on top. Allow the cake to cool down.
2. In a blender blend the raspberries. To get rid of the seeds, strain the mixture through a fine sieve. In a saucepan boil the sieved raspberries and sugar on a low heat for about 20 minutes.
3. Serve the cake with the raspberry sauce.