The special oil which is used for this refreshing and light appetizer can flavour the other dishes as well.
- 4 fresh scallops
- A few cucumbers
For the oil:
- 400g wild garlic, spring onions or leek (optional)
- 100g spinach
- 700-800ml rapeseed oil
1. The night before dinner, sprinkle scallops with salt and sugar generously. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
2. Prepare the oil for the cucumber marinade. In a food processor add the wild garlic, spring onions or leek and spinach. Add the rapeseed oil and blend at the maximum speed for 10 minutes. Allow mixture to cool (as the blending has heated it) and the aromas and flavours to infuse. Then strain the mixture through a clean towel.
3. Cut the cucumber into small cubes and marinate them in the prepared oil. Season with the salt.
4. Prepare the sauce. Mix the vegetable broth together with the apple vinegar (choose your own ratio depending on your taste). Then add the prepared oil and whisk for a short time until green oil bubbles are incorporated.
5. Serve the dish. Place the cucumber on a plate, then add the scallop on the top and drizzle with the sauce. You can sprinkle some spring onions or shallots on the top.