- 1.2 kg boneless chicken thigh meat
- 1 lime
FOR THE MARINADE
- 40 g ginger
- 20 g garlic
- 40 g shallot
- 20 g habanero chilli pepper
- 20 g chilli pepper
- 60 g tomato paste
FOR THE MUSTARD-HONEY MIXTURE
- 20 g mustard
- 20 g honey
- 5 ml rapeseed oil
- 5 g chilli flakes
1. Prepare the marinade. Chop all the required ingredients (except the tomato paste) and fry in the pan. Just before the end of frying add the tomato paste. Combine the mixture in a blender.
2. Marinate the chicken in this marinade at least overnight (preferably for 24 hours up to 3 days).
3. Prepare the mustard-honey mixture. Just combine all the required ingredients.
4. On a grill cook the chicken. Cook one side for about 5 minutes, then brush the cooked side with the mustard-honey mixture and turn the other side on a grill. Brush this side with the same mixture and leave it to cook for about 3 minutes longer.
5. Place a wedge of lime for each guest so everyone can squeeze some lime juice on their chicken just before eating.
6. Serve with your favourite vegetables or garnishes.