Turkey liver pate is a great appetizer for the start of a beautiful evening. Don’t be lazy and this pate will look like… a tomato ☺ A small trick for the eyes and delicious spread on toast. Be sure this appetizer will disappear in the blink of an eye.
FOR THE LIVER PATE
- 0,25ml 3.2% fat milk
- 0,5 kg turkey liver
- 2-3 medium onions
- 2-3 medium carrots
- 400 ml heavy cream
- Few sprigs fresh thyme
- Few tablespoons butter
- Pinch of salt
- Small pinch of five pepper mix
- Small glass of brandy
- White bread
FOR THE GLAZE
- Juice of 3 medium grapefruits
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons glucose powder
- 1 teaspoon fruit pectin
1. Rinse the turkey livers and soak them in a bowl, with milk to cover, for 24 hours. Then drain and rinse. Remove any sinews and membrane. Place the livers into a saucepan with cold water to cover and heat it until it is just about to boil. Repeat this process 2-3 times.
2. Finely chop the onion, carrot and fry in the butter until soft. Pour over the heavy cream, add the thyme and simmer on a low heat until the mixture is reduced by half. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
3. Put the parboiled liver, vegetables with cream in a blender, add the salt and pepper, pour the brandy and blend until smooth. Transfer liver pate into small bowls or molds.
4. In a saucepan pour the grapefruit juice and honey. Add the glucose powder and fruit pectin and bring it to the boil whilst stirring. Then remove from the heat and allow to cool down. Pour the glaze over the chilled turkey liver pate and store it in the fridge. Keep the fridge temperature at or below 40C.
5. Serve with the bread of your choice.