This is an easy-to-make yet unconventional appetizer that all Asian-flavour lovers will instantly fall in love with. Nobody can stay indifferent to the duet of mild cheese in contrast to its wildly flavoured sauce.
FOR TOFU CHEESE
- 400 g tofu cheese (made from soybean curds)
- 1 dried seaweed sheet (you can buy it in oil stores)
- 700 g water
- 80 g lemon
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Chilli powder
- Ground ginger
FOR THE SAUCE
- 80 g soy sauce
- 40 g „Mirin“ sauce
- 15 g „Hoisin” sauce
- 40 g liquid in which the tofu was boiled
- 40 g rice vinegar
- 10 g lemon juice
2. Whilst the tofu is simmering, prepare the sauce. Simply mix together all of the required
3. Into the small bowls which you will use to serve the tofu cheese, pour some of the sauce and then add the tofu cubes.
4. Sprinkle some sesame seeds, chilli powder, ground ginger and chopped scallions on top of the tofu. You can splash on a few drops of sesame oil as well.
Eat this appetiser with a spoon – take a small bite of tofu along with a teaspoon of sauce.