- 0.5 kg beef underbelly
- Christmas spice mix: cinnamon, anise, cardamom and several kinds of pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- 200g butter
- Various vegetables: carrots, parsnips, turnips, onions, garlic
- Half a litre slow cooked beef bone broth
- Few beetroots
- Salt, pepper
1. Season the beef underbelly (preferably matured) with Christmas spice mix, except the salt. Place the beef in a vacuum bag and cook in a steam bath at 55°C for 4.5 hours. Before serving, fry in butter briefly.
2. Cut the vegetables into cubes and fry them. Allow them to cool. In the meantime, mix the dough: separate the egg whites from yolks. Beat the egg yolks together with warm butter, season with salt and pepper. Add the flour, cooled vegetables and whipped egg whites. Mix well. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160°C for 45-55 minutes. Before serving, slice into smaller pieces.
3. Make the sauce. In a pot with beef bone broth, add the beetroots and cook for 30 minutes, then blend everything well.
4. Place the beef and vegetables on a plate. Garnish with the sauce.