- ~1-1.5 litres beetroot juice
- Handful of dried currants
- 4 scoops of your favourite ice cream
- 200g frozen currants
- 1 litre apple juice
- 10g agar-agar powder
1. Boil the beetroot juice until about 20% of the initial liquid amount is left and juice become a thick mass. Add the butter (2 grams of butter for 100 ml of juice) and mix well.
2. Make the apple jelly. In a pot, pour the apple juice and bring it to a boil. Add the agar-agar powder. Pour the mixture into a tin of the correct size to allow a thin layer of several millimeters. Using a large cookie ring press round jelly forms. Spread them with the evaporated currant juice. To make them, pour water over the frozen currants, bring it to a boil, then blend and strain off through a sieve. Briefly cook to let the juice evaporate and thicken.
3. Place the beetroot caramel on a plate. Add the dried currants on top, then ice cream and cover with a sheet of apple jelly.