- 600g veal tenderloin
- 200g celery root
- 200g pumpkin
- 1-2 pears
- 400g potatoes
- 10ml evaporated beetroot juice
- 2 eggs
- 240g wheat flour
1. In a pan, fry the veal tenderloin turning on different sides constantly. Then roast in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest before serving.
2. Cut the celery root and pumpkin into the desired sizes and scald with boiling water. In a pan with a little butter, fry the scalded vegetables, season with salt and thyme.
3. Peel the pears and cut into 0.5cm cubes. Dry the pear cubes in a pre-heated oven at 60°C until they dry out.
4. Make the dumplings. Squeeze the juice from the beetroots and cook it until most of the liquid evaporates and only 1/4 of the initial amount is left.
5. Peel the potatoes, cook them, dry them out and mash while they are still hot. Add the flour, eggs and evaporated beetroot juice. Combine the mixture well and knead until smooth. Form the potato dumplings and cook in salted water until dumplings float to the top. Drain though cold water until they cool down and place in a bowl with a little bit of olive oil to avoid sticking. Before serving, heat them in the butter.