- 2 black grouse, partridges or quails
- Few potatoes
- Few pumpkin slices
- Few tablespoons honey
- Handful of cranberries
- Few big carrots
- Few tablespoons butter
- 4 young beetroots
- Grape juice
- “Granny Smith” apple
1. In a pot cook the birds at 50° C for about one hour or place the birds in a pre-heated oven 180° C for 10 minutes. In a pan add a bunch of hay and heat it. When pan is hot, place half of the bird on the hay. Set the hay on fire, cover the pan and leave to smoke for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Scoop the potatoes into balls (about 2.5cm diameter). In a pot with water and lard (1:4 ratio) add the potato balls, season with salt and cook for about 7 minutes.
3. Scoop the pumpkin into balls. Add them to a pot with honey and cranberries and cook until pumpkin softens.
4. Cut the carrots into balls. In a pot with lemon juice and zest, about 10g of butter and a little bit of water, add the carrot balls and cook for 2 minutes.
5. In a pot with grape juice and a small piece of butter cook the beetroots with all leaves for 3 minutes.
6. Cut the apple into straws.
7. Serve the birds with all prepared garnishes.