- 2 king trumpet (also known as eryngii) mushrooms
- 1 baby Romaine lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Various salad greens, herbs
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Wild strawberries
1. Cut the mushrooms into 1 cm wide strips lengthwise. Score them to fry faster. Season with salt and pepper, then fry in a pan with olive oil.
2. Divide the head of Romaine lettuce into 4 wedges. Season with salt and pepper, then fry briefly in a pan with olive oil until golden. Don’t fry for too long or they will get mushy. In the same pan fry the cherry tomatoes briefly.
3. Place a few fried mushroom strips, one wedge of lettuce and two cherry tomatoes on a plate. Then drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Decorate with your favourite herbs and small salad greens. You can add a few wild strawberries too.