Delicious meatballs which taste at their best when using the mixture of venison and pork.
- 300g ground venison
- 300g ground pork
- 1 small egg
- 1 tablespoon melted duck fat
- 1-2 slices black bread
- Few slices pancetta (Italian bacon)
FOR THE STEW
- 200ml venison broth
- 30ml soy sauce
- 30ml teriyaki sauce
- 1 sprig fresh mint
1. Mix the ground venison, ground pork, egg, bread soaked in melted duck fat together. If you don’t have duck fat, use the rapeseed oil instead. Mix everything well and shape the mixture into your preferred size meatballs.
2. Mix all the ingredients required for the stew. You can use venison bones to make the venison broth or you can replace it with home-made beef or chicken broth. Add the meatballs to the stew mixture and simmer until you think it is ready.
3. Dry the thin sliced and chopped pancetta in the oven at 140° C for 20 min. Sprinkle pancetta pieces over the cooked meatballs.
4. Serve with your favourite side dish.