Hummus is a great starter which goes well both with fresh vegetable sticks and bread.
- 400g canned chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ chili pepper
- Handful of parsley
- 1 jar tahini paste
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Put the chickpeas, garlic, chili pepper and parsley in a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Add the tahini, squeeze in the lime juice and sprinkle with the cumin and salt.
3. Blend again until the texture is smooth. If it is too thick, add the liquid reserved from the can of chickpeas.
4. Garnish the hummus with some chickpeas, parsley, sesame seeds and pour on a healthy amount of oil.