- 1 big octopus (around 2.5 kg)
- 12 pcs. small potatoes
- 4 chorizo sausages
- 8 cherry tomatoes
FOR THE BROTH
- 4 medium size carrots
- 2-3 medium size onions
- 2 garlic heads
- 1 medium size celery root
- 4 celery stalks
- 10 black peppers
- 2-3 Bay leaves
- 1 medium size fennel
- Pinch of fennel seeds
1. Completely defrost the octopus if you use frozen, then rinse it under cold water.
2. Prepare the vegetables for the broth. Cut them into big pieces and then put them into a large saucepan along with the octopus. Pour cold water on top and bring it to the boil, then lower the heat and slow cook the broth for 2-3 hours.
3. Take the octopus out of the broth and leave it to cool. Cut the octopus tentacles off close to the head.
4. Boil the potatoes in their skins.
5. Heat the olive oil in a pan and cut the chorizo into small pieces then add them to the pan. Fry them until the fat emulsifies, then add the boiled potatoes. Warm them up and add the octopus tentacles. Fry them briefly until they are warm. Finally add the halved cherry tomatoes.
6. Serve on a plate and garnish with chopped chive.
Do not overcook as then the skin of the octopus will peel off and the meat will become white.